Wednesday 23 July 2014

A look for airplane

It's difficult to dress for flights these days, especially when you start in a country that is hot and visit somewhere colder or other way round.

This is my (Sequins) idea of what to wear:



Shoes
I would wear something really casual but still with style. No uncomfortable shoes or heels as you'd be walking lots in airport and taking them off for the security scan machine part. I'd recommend flats like converse,sneakers,boat shoes...

Jewelry
For jewelry I'd suggest nothing metal for going through metal detectors so, wooden accessories would be a nice option or even plastic could be an option. The ones in the photo are wooden colourful beads on elastic thread. They look cute too and you can make stuff yourself or find a jewelry set to fit your style.

Being comfortable
I put a denim jacket with my outfit as it's really cold where I'm going but a hoodie/sweater would be great and comfortable too. You want to be able to sit for hours on the airplane without getting annoyed by your outfit. 

Different temperatures in different country
If it's hot in one country but cold in the other layering right is key. I have a floral vest top with denim jacket in my look. Think of things you can remove/add to an outfit to fit both destinations e.g. light outerwear or hats.  Plus wearing bulkier things save room in suitcase such as a jacket or large summer hat.

No belts
Any pants/trousers would  have to be able to not have a belt as you'd most likely have to have to take the belt of at airport security. 
The same thing applies for males too. Great pants/trousers to wear would be those with elasticated waist or try leggings with long t-shirt or dress you can sit in for long time. e.g. a t-shirt dress or casual skater dress that's not too short. Or try jeans without belts if they stay up easily like the ones in my outfit. (They do up with a side zip and fit snug on me).   

Hopefully this gives you some idea on how to dress comfortably on airplans or long journeys it would apply for taking a train abroad for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment