Tuesday 11 February 2014

Are shorts getting too short?

I know it is still cold and if you're anywhere like me in England then wet and windy too but, I'm hopeful for warm weather to come.

Like the photo on the left, teenagers are wearing shorts so short in some cases that they show butt cheeks. Really to me that's not "classy".

Of course you can get shorts that don't show your bum but the patterns available are harder to find. You go into a shop and want a pair that's not going to be getting men eyeing you up and perving on you. Then you find a tone of tiny ones that would give you a wedgie.

They can also be called "hot pants" but I don't think much is hot about them. I think they're another way of girls attracting guys attention but, to me it's the wrong kind of attention.
What do you think?

 Typical Hipster "short" shorts. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


That is the type of stereotype that this short short trend is based on. Typically worn by teenagers and young adults. Hipster style is one of the most popular type out there. 
Here is how to be hipster http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Hipster 

A typical outfit and my favourite one of the hipster style wearing far too short shorts. (Yet, I'd wear it with shorts that are a little longer). 
Long pendant and open shirt or cardigan look. 
Examples of what I think are inappropriate for young adults or teens to be wearing out in public:

   When I see girls in the tiny shorts I think this:


I'm not saying shorts and the hipster style is bad. I'm saying that a lot of people wear the shorts that hardly cover your behind. That length of them I'm saying is not appropriate to wear. I don't want you to feel bad by this but to think about if it is suitable. Yes wearing shorts is fine and can look really pretty however, to have them showing of your bum like your wearing denim underwear is not on. 

Anyway bring on the hot weather so we can get our legs out wearing nice shorts that actually cover our behinds he he. 






No comments:

Post a Comment